Saturday, March 26, 2011

How the HELL did you end up in India, woman??

SHOCKER ALERT: As my year in South Korea was wrapping up, I didn't really have any plans for my life.  I figured I should travel a little, since I was already on the other side of the world, and let me tell you, I worked HARD just South of North Korea this year.  Meghan's wedding wasn't until April 2nd, and I finished at the end of February, so I had over a month to travel somewhere super awesome, clean and friendly.  These words almost always make people think immediately of India, riiiiight?  The reality of India is pretty much the exact opposite of these words, BUT I DIGRESS.


My BFF's (baby-faced friends, obviously) in Korea, Chera and Liz were finishing at the same time, and were SET on traveling India for a month or so, but initially I had no interest.  I didn't even think Indian boys were cute, and let's be honest, eye candy is a huge part of any sane person's travel plans, no??  On top of that, it was going to be uber hot, and my extensive academic research had shown that India smells like flowers shit. (Encyclopedia Brown's words, not mine!).

Ya-da ya-da ya-da, I figured anywhere I went would end up being interesting, and I'm all about embracing new weird-ass cultures, so I decided to go for it.  If over a billion people live in India,  it must rock pretty hard.  Plus traveling with great friends makes any location a blast, and The Ganges River is well-known for being filled with dead bodies hygienic.  So I said, 'LET'S DO THIS!  LET'S MAKE INDIA OUR BEYOTCH!!!'  And boy, did we.

No comments:

Post a Comment